Pages

August 15, 2012

An incident not an accident

While I was driving to work today, I passed a man using a riding mower to cut grass. The "chute" was aimed towards the street. As I passed I heard a thud. I thought I'd better pull over to see if there is any damage to my 3 week old car before I leave this part of town. When I looked, I saw this:






So I turned around to go back to confront the guy & he was gone. There were only so many houses it could be so I called the police & told them the situation & asked what they wanted me to do & they said to pull over & wait for them. I pulled over in front of the house where I beleived the guy lived. A few minutes later the guy came over to my car & asked if I was broken down. I told him I was waiting for police because the guy that was just mowing caused the damage on the side of my car.  He said " oh that was me". So I asked him if he wanted to hanlde this amongst ourselves or wait for the police & he said we could do it. He called his agent then & there & I spoke to them too & they are sending me a check to get it fixed!  A very nice responsible man he was! I was not about to pay for this when it was someone else's fault nor ignore it & leave my brand new car looking like hell so I am very grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment