Pages

July 26, 2012

July is (apparently) new car month!

I really don't know how it happened, it wasn't planned, but we went to the dealership because Jon needed to pick up a part for his Acura & I had seen a commercial for the new Nissan Altima & said "well let's just go look at them".  Jon had an Altima when we first met & loved it & we ended up leaving that day with a brand new 2012 Altima on July 14!  The payment was lower than what we were paying for the Pacifica we traded in & they gave us alot for the trade plus it's a brand new car & we have to do no maintenance for a while plus it's very good on gas. Then 2 weeks later, again not sure how it happened but I ended up trading in my beloved Town & Country minivan for a brand new Kia Sorento on July 25!  Again, no maintenance to have to worry about, beyond excellent trade in for the van, lower payment than what I was paying for the van, much better gas mileage- the van was killing us financially with gas & not to mention a brand new car!  I thought I would have a hard time getting rid of my precious minivan but the Kia has a third row seat which was important to me & the van had hit 190k miles & was starting to need mechanical work & I didn't think it would last till it was paid off in another year. The only thing I'm compromising is trunk space when the 3rd row is up in the Kia- there is virtually none!  But I do love it & Jon was all too happy to get rid of his Pacifica. So we say thanks be to God for his blessings!







No comments:

Post a Comment